Freight transportation companies are out-standing at what they do; fleet management, mechanical best practices, driver training, route optimization, the list goes. 3PL companies are also fantastic at what they do; customer service, problem-solving, appointment coordination, etc.
When you want the best logistics service for your supply chain distribution we recommend dealing with a Montréal logistics 3PL like RM logistic. This way you can optimize your company’s Canadian transportation performance and allow you to benefit from the established relationships that this Canadian 3pl has with asset based carriers.
Top 5 reasons
- 5- Wider Coverage : When you are dealing with common carriers directly, whether it be an ltl carrier, a truckload carrier, temperature controlled or dry, often times you will find that they are extremely competitive when it comes to a specific shipping destination (i.e Montreal to Toronto). However, when it comes time to working with new clients or different projects, they might have the resources, equipment or drivers, available in order to transport your LTL freight or truckload freight at a reasonable market price or at all.
When you are working with a 3pl, such as RM Logistic, we have all the necessary resources available to transport your freight to any location at the most reasonable market prices available.
- 4- Cost Effectiveness : When you randomly call trucking companies from a trucking database or transportation directory, where there is no established relationship, they might take the opportunity to charge you their highest book price. This is natural because they don’t know the volume that you can offer them.
Due to the high volume that a 3pl, like RM Logistic in Montreal, offers to thousand’s of carriers, they can negotiate the lowest market freight rates possible.
- 3- Customer Service : Being someone that has called refrigerated trucking companies, flatbed trucking companies, dry van trucking companies and all other forms of specialized logistics, every day for the past three years, I can tell you that they are many times not the easiest people to deal with. Smaller trucking operations can be very cost effective and their job is to pick up and deliver your freight which they do very well, but not always customer service! That being said I will be the first to say that many of these truckers are amazing to deal with. The only issue is often they do not appreciate answering questions or “training” newbies with a barrage of calls. That is where a Canadian 3pl or Canadian freight forwarder in Montreal like RM logistic, comes in, we are here to answer your questions a make sure your freight transportation experience is simple and smooth.
- 2- What happens behind the scenes : As a transport consultant, we know that one of the most frustrating things that can possibly happen is an asset based carrier cancelling on you at the last minute. When you are dealing with an asset based freight company this could mean serious delays on your freight delivery, resulting in angry freight receivers, rate increases and severe migraines. As a 3pl provider, cancellations, although annoying, is something that happens to us every day. Since we have such a wide network, when our trucks get cancelled, we act immediately to get you a new truck and deliver your freight on time and for the same rate; all the while you are at your office taking care of your other responsibilities feeling confident knowing that RM Logistic is taking care of it.
- 1- One Call Service : No matter what your needs are, no matter what time it is, and no matter what you are shipping, you know all you have to do is pick up the phone and dial one number and every thing will be taken care of. Imagine how annoying it would be if you wanted to go out for lunch and you had to buy your burger from the burger shop, your fries from the potato hut, and your drink form the soda store. By the time you actually had all the components and are ready to sit down and enjoy your meal, your food would be cold and it would already be dinner time. Consequently, at this time, you would have to start all over again.